22 January 2009
Chinese New Year is just around the corner actually its just another 3 more days. This year will be my first time away from home celebrating. I don't feel much CNY mood at all. Maybe because people here don't celebrate CNY unless you go Chinatown or something. But my housemates have been the unit with CNY decorations. They brought over some decorations from Malaysia when they were back home during Christmas.
The first day of CNY falls on the same day as Australia day so Monday will be a public holiday. So I will be celebrating my reunion dinner with my cousin at Toowoomba and will be staying at her place for a night. We will be having steamboat then on Monday morning she will be cooking laksa. I'm actually craving for it already. After coming down on Monday i might need to rush to uni and meet up with my group mates for presentation preparation as our presentation will be on the 2nd day of CNY. But at night Hazel has invited us to her place for open house. I guess I'll be quite occupied for these 2 days. At least won't feel that lonely.
The feeling of knowing that i won't be home this year sucks. I miss my family reunion especially with my grandma. I was telling my dad that i wanted to go home for CNY the other day but he was saying that CNY comes as easy as it goes. For me its just the CNY feeling and meeting people are the things that I'm missing. CNY is one of the festival that everyone will fly back home and catch up with each other.
I might be going back during April but shall see how things goes as well. So far i haven't start any studying yet. I've been busy working everyday for the past 2 weeks and life isn't that great after all because there's not so much business nowadays so its kinda of boring and the shopping mall seems like getting more and more quiet.
Ok then. I'll be having a presentation in a while so need to do some preparation because i don't even know what am i presenting. Can you believe it?
Happy Chinese New Year! Have a great holiday!




And dont worry...
I'll have fun for your sake.
haha~~